Prepares documents for billing to insurance companies, government agencies and other payment sources.
Classes are held at the Colton and Victorville campuses.
The Medical Billing/Coding Program is designed to teach students how to prepare documents for billing to insurance companies, government agencies and other payment sources. Program consists of classroom lecture and hands-on instruction in actual coding and billing.
Students are trained how to:
- Complete health claim forms
- Code using triage and operative reports
- Interpret contracts
Students become familiar with and use the industry related reference material such as:
- The Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9 CM)
- Health Care Common Procedure Coding Systems (HCPCS)
- Pass an entrance exam
- High school diploma or GED required
- GED program available to all students
Classes are held at the Colton and Victorville campuses. Clinical rotations are held in selected hospitals and agencies in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties according to subjects being studied.
- 8 months day sessions / 10 months evening sessions
- Day sessions: 8am to 12pm or 1pm to 5pm
- Evening session: 6pm to 10pm
This comprehensive program is eligible for a variety of Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Cal-Grant B & C
- Vocational Rehab
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan
- Federal Stafford Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
- Federal Work Study Programs