Prepares students to practice as a dental assistant.
Classes are held at the Colton and Victorville campuses.
A dental assistant works under the direct supervision and control of a dentist or oral surgeon and serves an entry- level position as a member of the staff in dental offices, orthodontic offices, endodontics offices and peridontics office as other specific offices.
Students will learn dental skills through a system approach. Dental materials and prevention are covered with nutrition, oral hygiene and pharmacology. Students are prepared for coronal polish and dental x-ray certification. Management segment includes knowledge of all administration duties of the Dental Assistant.
Prepares students to practice as a dental assistant
- Pass an entrance exam
- High school diploma or GED required
- GED program available to all students
Classes are held at the Colton and Victorville campuses. Clinical rotations are held in selected hospitals and agencies in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties according to subjects being studied.
- 8 months day sessions
- Day sessions: 8am to 12pm or afternoon sessions 1pm to 5pm
This comprehensive program is eligible for a variety of Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Cal-Grant B & C
- Vocational Rehab
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan
- Federal Stafford Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
- Federal Work Study Programs